This is a prototype of our new desktop industrial extruder we are calling Xcalibur. The Noztek team developed this for companies who require a more robust unit that is capable of extruding a wide range of materials, including metal alloys. This is the perfect unit for alchemy experimentation with potentially ground breaking new materials.
The Xcalibur unit the most advanced desktop extruder on the market today, it has an enhanced range of features, which includes triple high temperature heater bands, all designed to work at 600c. This has been developed to melt most polymers, including high temperature thermoplastics and metal powdered combinations.
Xcalibur bespoke engineered three stage screw, based on its industrial cousin, which generates additional internal barrel pressure.
We have added a very powerful DC motor, with an adjustable top speed of 35 RPM with a high torque of 35 Nm. This is required to maintain constant screw revolutions when extruding highly viscous materials.
This first version is based on an Arduino processor, which has the options of motor speed control and a timer facility. Version 2 will use a Raspberry Pi and will allow for a more enhanced set of features including full graph and chart read outs. This can be a return to base upgrade when the new hardware and software comes on stream at the end of 2015.
- Three high temperature heater bands that can be independently controlled
- A three stage bespoke engineered screw, designed to generate barrel pressure
- An extremely high torque hand built DC motor, which generates 35Nm with a maximum speed of 35 RPM
- An interchangeable barrel and screw which allows rapid swapping for material changes.
- A large 7 inch touch screen interface.
- A new higher capacity hopper (currently being manufactured)